Have additional questions not listed here? Feel free to contact me!
1. HOW DO I BUY AN ORIGINAL? Original paintings are posted here on my website throughout the year. Details will be shared beforehand within social media and my mailing list. These paintings tend to go pretty quickly, so be sure to be prompt! They will also be available at various art shows and in galleries periodically. Show dates and information can be found on my calendar here.
2. CAN I COMMISSION A PAINTING? Absolutely! I enjoy working with clients on a more personal level to create a one of a kind original. Please note however, I have decided to limit the number of commissions so that I can create more artwork to offer new collectors and free up some studio time and pursue my inspirations. If you are interested in reserving one of these openings for a commissioned piece, please email me. email@example.com
3. HOW IS MY ARTWORK GOING TO BE SHIPPED? All artwork is carefully wrapped and padded extremely well, and shipped via USPS in a well-fitting sturdy cardboard box. Smaller work is usually sent first class. Packages weighing more are sent Priority Mail. Large or heavy paintings are shipped via FedEx. Most will arrive within 2-4 days (in US) unless drying time is required before packing. Tracking information should be automatically sent to you. If it is not or if you have a preferred carrier, don’t hesitate to email an ask!
Shipping costs cover fees, packaging supplies, time, labor, and storage. If there is any significant discrepancy -/+ I will let you know via email.
International packages are a bit outside of my control. Border fees, duties, and handling fees may be charged by other countries. Tracking is also quite unreliable with international shipments. That being said, I am eager to work with you as I would love for you to have access to my work where you are. Please note that shipments can be arranged via USPS, or other carrier, and shipping costs may vary from the amount you pay at check out. If there is a problem at check out, don’t hesitate to email me directly to make arrangements and discuss cost estimates with you.
4. CAN I PICK UP MY ARTWORK FROM YOUR STUDIO? Local pick up is available for customers who live within the Birmingham area. Select “local pick up” shipping option at checkout to forgo shipping fees altogether and we will work out a time to meet via email.
5. RETURNS: Every order, commission, and sale is handled with care and as much clarity and transparency as possible. My goal is for you to be completely thrilled with your purchase! Please read about our return policy here for more information on the process.
6. WORKSHOPS & CLASSES: Plans are in the works now! Please be sure you are signed up for my mailing list so you will be the first to know when these become available!
7. STOCKISTS & GALLERIES: I am honored you would like to represent my artwork on your walls and in your shop! Gallery owners, please send an email to me to discuss your gallery and ideas. firstname.lastname@example.org
8. INTERIOR DESIGNERS: I love working with designers because I love to see my work in a beautiful appointed room! Drop me an email with any questions you may have. email@example.com
9. PRESS: I love to work with bloggers, editors, stylists, and writers! There are many images on my site that you are free to use for your article. Please credit both me & my photographers when applicable. I am available to answer questions you may have and happy to share my story! If you have any questions, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. OWNERSHIP OF PAINTING: I retain all rights to all artwork I create. This includes the rights to images of sold and commissioned original paintings. I retain the right to make REPRODUCTIONS OF ANY AND ALL ARTWORK I CREATE UNLESS THE COLLECTOR HAS PURCHASED THE FULL OR PARTIAL RIGHTS TO THE ARTWORK FROM ME DIRECTLY. (This is in addition to purchasing the original art work.)
The collector or buyer may not reproduce the artwork in any way without written permission. If the artwork appears in a magazine or other media I only ask for credit. When you purchase an original painting you, the collector, have the rights to display the artwork in your home or business but the artwork may not be resold or reproduced without my written permission.
Please let me know if you are interested in purchasing full or partial rights to your painting. Some collectors choose to purchase my right to reproduce the artwork to ensure it will never become a print. I am totally happy to discuss that with you if you would like!